[:en]Rare sterling silver snuffbox of unusual shape, Birmingham 1803.
Snuffbox with two irregular shaped lids. On the outside a pattern in the form of curling snakes.
The snuffbox is gilded inside.
Both lids have 5 different hallmarks.
1. Dateletter f for A.D. 1803
2. Kings Head of King George as duty mark
3. Initials S.P. for silversmith Samuel Pemberton ( active in Birmingham on Snow Hill)
4. Anchor town mark for Birmingham
5. Lion mark to indicate sterling silver.
The makersmark SP is repeated on the bottom of the box.
The snuffbox has some sign of use especially at the corners. Otherwise in good condition.
Dimensions: 7.5 x 3.7 x 1.2 cm.[:]